Mounta Vista Linux prompt on serial console

srinivas.surabhi at wipro.com srinivas.surabhi at wipro.com
Tue Feb 15 21:32:48 EST 2005

Hi,

Today somehow after removing many options I build the kernel and able to
succeed till the VFS: "Mounted root (cramfs filesystem) readonly." But
then I am seeming "kernel panic". Actually what option has to be given
for init. We have given init=/bin/sh but no luck.

Please pull me out.

One more observation is that the U-boot bootargs are overwriting the
Kernel boot arguments given at the time of build. Even though using
setenv I removed the bootargs but still the kernel arguments given at
the time of build using devrocket are not still active.

The end part on the hyperterminal is given below

Freeing initrd memory: 2640k freed
VFS: Mounted root (cramfs filesystem) readonly.
Mounted devfs on /dev
Freeing unused kernel memory: 60k init
Warning: unable to open an initial console.
Error -3 while decompressing!
0015fd20(1928974736)->00141000(4096)
Kernel panic: No init found.  Try passing init= option to kernel.
 <0>Rebooting in 180 seconds..

Thanks & Regards
Surabhi Srinivas