1000MB (GMII) ports on IBM 440GX (ocotea)

emre kara emrekara2002 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 12 00:55:01 EST 2005

Dear All;
I have problems on ppc440gx ( IBM 440gx evaluatation
board)  gigabit ethernet ports.
I have configurated and compiled linux kernel version
2.4.29 (latest) for ocotea board and it worked fine
with two MII /Fast Ethernet ports,but i can't find any
way to configure GMII (gigabit) ethernet driver for
other on chip two gigabit ports, in the platform
specific file (arch/ppc/platforms/ocotea.c) the source
configures only two fast ethernet ports.
I have also loaded Montavista's preview kernel on my
board and in this kernel,  four ethernet ports worked
fine, but there are huge differences between two
kernels so I can't find a way to overcome this
problem.
Is anyone have an idea for the solution?
Thank you.
Emre