Patch for 8xx watchdog handler for >=2.6.10

Carsten Juttner carjay at gmx.net
Fri Feb 11 17:16:43 EST 2005

Hi,

our mpc 823 based embedded board (STB, dbox2) would hang with every
kernel starting from 2.6.10-rc1_linuxppc. I tracked the problem down to
the watchdog interrupt handler setup and the new generic interrupt
handling routines (which caused an uninitialized pointer because kmalloc
was used before the kmem_cache was initialized).

As said, this was only an issue if CONFIG_8xx_WDT was set.

I have attached a simple patch for the handler.

Regards,
Carsten Juttner