Memory leak problem

robin robin at india.tejasnetworks.com
Thu Feb 10 17:07:07 EST 2005

Hi
We have an application running on  denx linux kernel 2.4.20.

Apparently there is a memory leak that we are not able to find.
The application is giving out of memory error. Even if we restart
the application without rebooting the kernel, (killing all application
processes and restarting), it gives the same out of memory error.
Rebooting the kernel solves the problem.

It seems that the memory leak is not at the application level
'cos restarting the application doesnt solve the problem..

1. Any ideas where I should look for the leak??
2. Is there any known memory leak problems with the kernel??

Thanks in advance,
Robin