question on CONFIG_I2C_SPI_UCODE_PATCH and CONFIG_I2C_SPI_SMC1_UCODE_P ATCH

Alexander Povolotsky pevnev at juno.com
Thu Feb 10 05:22:10 EST 2005

Hi,

I have a question on use of CONFIG_I2C_SPI_UCODE_PATCH and CONFIG_I2C_SPI_SMC1_UCODE_PATCH in Linux 2.6.

Could someone from this list explain for me what problems each of those two patches are addressing ?
I have MPC 880 based board with single 24C02 I2C EEPROM,
connected to the I2C bus and currently (without those two patches configured in .config) I have problem of communicating
over I2C bus with that device - scanning for any address (in the range between 0 and 128) on the I2C bus does not get any response (interrupt)
so code remains in the sleep (on interrupt) mode.

Would applying (any or both) above patches resolve my problem as described ?

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Alex