Porting Linux2.6.13 on MPC860T custom build board

venkatajagadeesh p cpvjagadeesh at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 29 16:28:37 EST 2005

  venkatajagadeesh p wrote:

> Hi,
>      We are trying to port Linux-2.6.13 on Custom build MPC860T, board,
> We are unable to see any messages on console. We got the output given
> below. Please help us in porting the kernel.
> I am attaching the config file .
>
> =>bootm 0x100000
> ## Booting image at 00100000 ...
>    Image Name:   Linux-2.6.13
>    Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
>    Data Size:    958189 Bytes = 935.7 kB
>    Load Address: 00000000
>    Entry Point:  00000000
>    Verifying Checksum ... OK
>    Uncompressing Kernel Image ... gunzip function called
> OK
> do_bootm_linux called ...do_bootm_linux  after ...part2 do_boot_linux
> before RAM
>  Disk image loading ...
> No initrd
> ## Transferring control to Linux (at address 00000000) ...
>
> >Most probably, something odd with serial setup.
> >You have enabled just all the stuff (SCC/SMC), but (on 8xx at least)
>>they can hardly live together, having alternative - conflicting IO pin configurations.

  We enabling only SMC2, still it is showing the same problem. In U-boot loader we have modified the default console to SMC2. We have not done any modifications to the original linux-2.6.13 code.

  I am sending config file as an attachment.

  I am sending U-boot env varibles also

=>printenv
bootcmd=bootm;setenv bootargs root=/dev/ram rw
bootdelay=5
baudrate=57600
loads_echo=1
ethaddr=9a:52:63:15:85:25
bootfile=uImage
filesize=95f0a
ipaddr=192.168.3.2
serverip=192.168.3.6
netdev=eth0
netmask=255.255.255.0
addip=setenv bootargs ${bootargs} ip=${ipaddr}:${serverip}:${gatewayip}:${netmas
k}:${hostname}:${netdev}:off
ramargs=setenv bootargs root=/dev/ram rw
kernel_addr=0xfc0a0000
ramdisk_addr=0xfc160000
flash_ram=run ramargs addip;bootm 0xfc0a0000 0xfc160000
net_ram=tftpboot 0x100000 uImage;tftpboot 0x400000 rambb2;run ramargs addip;boot
m 0x100000 0x400000
stdin=serial
stdout=serial
stderr=serial