help reqd for mpc8260 linux

prabha.j at tcs.com prabha.j at tcs.com
Fri Dec 16 15:44:46 EST 2005

Hi All,
I working on custom board(mpc8260) . Now the bootlader is working and when
i dowload the kernel image through u-boot it gives messages as
"Transferring Conrol to Linux" and then nothing comes. I am using
Linux-2.4.25 and eldk toolkit ,both from denx.
My boards memory map is SDRAM starts from  0 and flash starts from
0x30000000. and baudrate is 57600 and IMMR is 0xF000000 .
When i was debugging in
start_here(arch/ppc/kernel/head.S)
It is passing the machine_init and  MMU_init functions (This i have seen
by putting printk and seeing it in log_buf) and then in this code

lis     r4,2f at h
        ori     r4,r4,2f at l
        tophys(r4,r4)
        li      r3,MSR_KERNEL & ~(MSR_IR|MSR_DR)
        FIX_SRR1(r3,r5)
        mtspr   SRR0,r4
        mtspr   SRR1,r3
        SYNC
        bl      MMU_init_prabha //(This is just a printk function).Till
here its working.

        RFI
If i put the printk after this funtion i am not getting anything in the
log_buf. I simply commented the RFI instruction then also i didn't see any
messages.
Can anybody tell me what may be the problem.
Waiting for reply.
Thanks in advance.
Best Regards

Prabha J.
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Mailto: prabha.j at tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you