[SOLVED] Re: pq2_find_bridges hangs system

Alex BASTOS alebas at televes.com
Thu Dec 15 01:13:22 EST 2005

Vitaly,

> Maybe, but I guess more correct is to deal with USB->PCI dependency..
> Is it really needed(I am not USB expert)?

Neither am I. I guess for this Host Controler it is not needed at
HW level, but I am not sure why it is still required by the SW.

> > 3) I have seen that from u-boot, a reset occurs when I read Internal
> > Memory at offset 0x10904 (PCI CFG_DATA). From BDI, when I do the same
> > all PCI section on IM becomes zero. Is this a known behaviour? May this
> > reflect a hardware problem?
> >
> Sounds weird

Here is the problem. The cause for this weird behaviour is that I
had PCI_ARBITER_EN_  disabled. So, a HW problem at the end.
I had disabled it trying to reduce power compsumption due to the PCI,
as I am not going to use it. It seems it is not possible that way.
Any idea how to get this done?

> > In conclusion, 1) solves my "must", a working board (without PCI).
> > But I still would like to know what am I doing so wrong with this.
> >
> IMHO ability to disable PCI_8260 while PCI is on might be confusing, at least
> for upstream.

You are right.

Thanks so much for your help.

Best regards,