HZ manipulation

Wojciech Kromer wojciech.kromer at dgt.com.pl
Tue Dec 13 19:31:24 EST 2005

I have 2.4.25 kernel from denx.de and latest uClibc running on mpc8248.
I'm trying to change HZ value, but still have strange results with
simple test
Recompiling whole uClibc does not change the results.

What could be wrong?

with HZ==1000:
#
alarm_test

alarm fired after
0.099092s
slept 0.999769s

with HZ==500:
#
alarm_test

alarm fired after
0.199622s
slept 0.999761s

with HZ==100:
# alarm_test
alarm fired after 0.999693s
slept 0.999760s

- here is procesor id :

... by kernel:
# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
cpu             : 8280
core clock      : 400 MHz
CPM  clock      : 200 MHz
bus  clock      : 100 MHz
revision        : 32.20 (pvr 8082 2014)
bogomips        : 266.24

... and by u-boot:
MPC8248 Reset Status: External Soft, External
Hard

MPC8248 Clock
Configuration
 - Bus-to-Core Mult 4x, VCO Div 2, 60x Bus Freq  25-75 , Core Freq
100-300
 - dfbrg 1, corecnf 0x1a, busdf 3, cpmdf 1, plldf 0, pllmf
3
 - vco_out  400000000, scc_clk  100000000, brg_clk
25000000
 - cpu_clk  400000000, cpm_clk  200000000, bus_clk
100000000
 - pci_clk
66666666

CPU:   MPC8248 (HiP7 Rev 14, Mask 1.0 1K50M) at 400 MHz

- test code included