Help required on mpc8260 kernel boot

batsayan.das at tcs.com batsayan.das at tcs.com
Wed Dec 7 20:50:25 EST 2005

Hello,

I am using customs board with MPC8260 processor. I have RAM version of
U-Boot and I am able to get U-Boot prompt when I load and run u-bbot.srec
by TRACE32. My memory map is as follows

SDRAM start address :0x30000000  and 128MB
Flash start address: 0x00000000    and 1MB

I copied the kernel image at 0x30000000 by kermit. The load address and
the entry point of the UImage is set at 0x34000000 and 0x34000000. At
U-boot prompt when I run "bootm 0x30000000" . The kernel hangs with the
message " Uncompressing Kernel Image..OK"

My questions are

1. Is the above memory configuration is correct to run kernel from RAM
U-boot?
2. The U-Boot documentation says that SDRAM should be at 0.  Does the
kernel will run if SDRAM is not set to 0?
3. How can I debug where in kernel source tree it got hanged?

Any pointer will be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Batsayan Das
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Mailto: batsayan.das at tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you