COP Status 0x21

Andrew Williams awilliam at nortel.com
Fri Aug 26 00:38:17 EST 2005

Hello List..
  (hope this is considered "on" topic)

   Situation: New hardware (mcp8347)
              BDI connected, but unable to read PVR
              Prior to the READ I see a "COP status is 0x21"

   Q. What does a status of 0x21 mean?

   Q. I've searched online for some type of a reference to the
      COP interface to no avail. Can anyone direct me to
      a technical reference?

Thanks,
Andrew

-- BDI Config [TARGET] section --
[TARGET]
CPUTYPE     8349                        ;the CPU type
JTAGCLOCK   0                           ;use 16 MHz JTAG clock
BOOTADDR    0xfff00100                  ;boot address used for start-up
break
POWERUP     2000                        ;start delay after power-up
detected in ms
WAKEUP      800                         ;give reset time to complete
STARTUP     RESET                       ;halt immediatelly at the boot
vector
BREAKMODE   HARD                        ;SOFT or HARD, HARD uses PPC
hardware breakpoint
STEPMODE    HWBP                        ;TRACE or HWBP, HWBP uses a
hardware breakpoint

-- BDI Debug Output --
- TARGET: waiting for target Vcc
- TARGET: processing power-up delay
- TARGET: processing user reset request
- BDI asserts HRESET
- Reset JTAG controller passed
- Bypass check: 0x00000001 => 0x00000001
- Bypass check: 0x00000001 => 0x00000001
- JTAG exists check passed
- COP status is 0x21
- Check running state passed
- BDI scans COP freeze command
- BDI removes HRESET
- Target PVR is 0x00000000
- This PVR is not supported
- TARGET: Target PVR is 0x00000000
*** TARGET: resetting target failed
# PPC: This target is not supported
- TARGET: target will be restarted in 10 sec