low latency/preempt patch for denx linuxppc_2_4_devel

Dmytro Bablinyuk dmytro.bablinyuk at rftechnology.com.au
Mon Aug 15 14:54:22 EST 2005

I hope this is the right place to ask. My apologise if it's wrong.
I am using linuxppc_2_4_devel from denx.de (2.4.25 PPC oriented patched
kernel) and looking at the code I didn't find any low latency/preempt
patches (well this is still a 2.4.x kernel, so no problem) so I went to
the internet and found 2.4.25-low-latency.patch.gz (that is fails to
apply at one file anyway) but I couldn't find preemptible patch for this
version of kernel.
I found preempt-kernel-rml-2.4.23-pre5-1.patch and
preempt-kernel-rml-2.4.26-pre5-1.patch which are pretty close but not
exactly for the same version.

Is anybody using linux_2_4_devel from denx.de for 'soft' real-time
embedded targets?

Thank you

Dmytro