strange things about swap on NFS

FCG WANG Baohua Baohua.WANG at alcatel-sbell.com.cn
Fri Aug 12 16:03:08 EST 2005

Dear all:
  I use ELDK 3.1.1, kernel 2.4.25 on my HD860 board,  using NFS.  I add a "ext2.img" as mentioned in the ELDK doc.
  But I found that the "dd if=/dev/zero of=swapfile bs=1M count=62" is not easy to executed:
  The system is often no response after execute this command. On several time, it add swap successfully.
   But  when I start to compile package. The system then no response !!

   How to slove the problem? Is the reason of my hard disk? I think not,
   thanks!