fs_enet on MPC885ADS

Vitaly Bordug vbordug at ru.mvista.com
Wed Aug 10 17:25:31 EST 2005

Hi, Peter
Schaefer-Hutter, Peter wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Are there any boot options needed to enable the fs_enet driver
> on the MPC885ADS? I replaced CONFIG_DUET with CONFIG_MPC885ADS
> in drivers/net/fs_enet/mac-fec.c, but only got
>
>   fs_enet.c:v0.1 (May 6, 2005)
>   NET: Registered protocol family 2
>   IP route cache hash table entries: 128 (order: -3, 512 bytes)
>   TCP established hash table entries: 512 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
>   TCP bind hash table entries: 512 (order: -1, 2048 bytes)
>   TCP: Hash tables configured (established 512 bind 512)
>   TCP reno registered
>   TCP bic registered
>   NET: Registered protocol family 1
>   NET: Registered protocol family 17
>   IP-Config: Device `eth0' not found.

Since this driver is platform-device based, you need to configure the PD
structures. I'll try to submit a patch which will cover this...
> Reason i'm asking is that the current cpm_uart driver doesn't work
> with the SCC3 ethernet driver included in the MPC885 board support
> (as soon as ethernet is initialized, console output stops).

This is very interesting since AFAIR SCC3 eth will not work with SMC2 on
my board, but maybe something is changed. Anyway, oue fs_enet is pretty
close to upstream so it would be nice if you will use (and test :)) it.
> Best regards,
>
>  Peter

Sincerely,
Vitaly