pci_enable_device fails on MPC8541

Bizhan Gholikhamseh (bgholikh) bgholikh at cisco.com
Tue Aug 9 06:48:18 EST 2005

Kumar,
I am using Linux 2.6.11 version. Currently I do not have
the "lspci" patch integrated into my Linux image, however the /proc/pci
exists. The Freescale FAE is telling me to turn ON bit 3 on SW1 (i.e.
making Tsi320 to transparent bridge) on the mother board (i.e. arcadia
board). After doing that, the system hangs during boot right after the
decompressing the Linux image.

Regards,
Bizhan