Linux Porting ISSUE

Ricardo Scop scop at digitel.com.br
Fri Aug 5 06:09:08 EST 2005

Hi Vikrant,

On Thursday 04 August 2005 07:38, vikrant.basotra wrote:
> Hi All,
> 	I am porting Linux on the custom board PMC8266 (having MPC8266
> microprocessor) based on the ADS8266 board. I am using ELDK1.1.1 and
> Linux2.4.24.
> After executing the make xconfig, while saving the settings a message is
> displayed: End of Linux kernel configuration. Check the top level make file
> for additional configuration. Next, you must run make dep

This is perfectly normal. Simply run "make dep" as indicated. And, _please_,
RTFM about linux kernel compilation.

> Now where does this top level make file is.
Exactly were it should be, the top level directory.

> I didn't find any other Make
> file higher in the hierarchy.
Probably because there is no higher level in the hierarchy? ;)

> Do I need to create that particular make
> file.
No.

> What extra setting there would be in that make file.
Probably none.

Have fun!

-Scop.

        \|/
    ___ -*-
   (@ @)/|\
  /  V  \|  R SCOP Consult.
 /(     )\  Linux-based communications
rscop at matrix.com.br
+55 51 999-36-777
Porto Alegre, RS - BRazil
--
P. S.: "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time
to do it over?"  -- Penny Hines