Linux Porting ISSUE

vikrant.basotra vikrant.basotra at indiatimes.com
Thu Aug 4 20:38:02 EST 2005

Hi All,
	I am porting Linux on the custom board PMC8266 (having MPC8266 microprocessor) based on the ADS8266 board.
I am using ELDK1.1.1 and Linux2.4.24.
After executing the make xconfig, while saving the settings a message is displayed:
	End of Linux kernel configuration. Check the top level make file for additional configuration. Next, you must
	run make dep
Now where does this top level make file is. I didn't find any other Make file higher in the hierarchy.
Do I need to create that particular make file. What extra setting there would be in that make file.

Response awaited from the list.

Regards,
Vikrant

Indiatimes Email now powered by APIC Advantage. Help!
Help