MPC8541E DMA transfer

Bizhan Gholikhamseh (bgholikh) bgholikh at cisco.com
Thu Aug 4 01:04:39 EST 2005

Hi all,
I am developing a linux driver (2.6.10) for Freescale MPC8541E
(customized board) to read and write 8 buffers (each buffer is 960 bytes
long) every 10 ms to/from a custom made PCI card with on board DSP Chip.
The chip's internal and external memories are memory mapped to the CPU
address space.
For reason that is beyond the discussion here, the DMA request line on
the PCI card is not connected although the PCI card has DMA
capabilities.
So what are my options?
Could I still do DMA transfer from the Host to the device?

Many thanks in advance,
Bizhan