2.6.11 kernel, PPC, and IPv6

Bellino, Phil pbellino at mrv.com
Mon Apr 18 23:20:39 EST 2005

Hello,
I do not know if this email is appropriate for this mailing list, but I
thought I would give it a try.

Is there anyone out there who is using(or attempting to use) IPv6 with PPC
and a 2.6.11 kernel with whom I could email directly with some specific
questions?

One of my questions is at boot time, my eth0 device does not have it's
link-local address.  I must issue an "ifconfig eth0 down" and then an
"ifconfig eth0 up" to get this work work.

Also, it does not auto-configure the info for a link-global prefix/address
that is provided by the router announcements.

There are PCs in my network on i686 athlons, i386 running 2.6.5 kernels that
do in fact handle the above IPv6 correctly.

I do understand that there are IPv6 mailing list and I do belong to them,
but thus far no one has been able to assist me in these issues.

I apologize if this is not the correct forum for these types of questions.

Thank you,
Phil Bellino

Phil Bellino
MRV Communications, Inc.