bdi2000 + mpc8560ads, very early breakpoints

Kylo Ginsberg kylo at kylo.net
Thu Apr 14 04:59:15 EST 2005

Thanks; that was instructive.  I hadn't read up on the 85xx debug
exceptions yet.

For posterity, my issue was that even though the code is running out of
ddr at this stage, u-boot has left the IVPR pointed at flash.  So once
head_e500.S invalidated the tlb entry for the flash region, the debug
exception vector was inaccessible and a breakpoint sent the processor
off the road.  As a workaround, I modified u-boot to re-point IVPR when
it relocates itself into ddr.

Cheers,
Kylo