I2C/SPI/SMC relocation patch works for both SMC 1 and 2?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 29 03:21:16 EST 2004

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> In message <Pine.LNX.4.60.0409280836340.9825 at localhost.localdomain> you wrote:
>>
>>    but the PDF file doesn't refer explicitly to SMC1, just to the
>> generic SMC(UART).  does this mean that the same instructions to
>
> It relates to the SMC which parameter RAM  location  is  in  conflict
> with the SPI/I2C parameter RAM, i. e. SMC1.

huh?  what does SMC1 relocation have to do with either of I2C or SPI?
i'm looking at the PRAM memory map right now, and whether or not you
choose to relocate SMC1 seems independent from whether you choose to
relocate both (or either) of I2C or SPI.

i don't see how SMC1 can be "in conflict with the SPI/I2C parameter
RAM" as you claim.  can you explain that?

rday