what is the protocol for getting patches into the tree?

Matt Porter mporter at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Oct 5 02:43:38 EST 2004

On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 06:11:05PM +0200, Marius Groeger wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Matt Porter wrote:
>
> > Yes, submit it over and over until there is some feedback. argue
> > or follow the feedback...eventually it will go in unless it's not
> > a desirable change. If no feedback, keep submitting until the
> > maintainer has time to look at it.
>
> Well, how about asking Russel to hand out the scripts for
>
>    http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/
>
> Would this help?

No, it just provides a web-based interface to what is handled
via mailing lists. It's just as easy for a maintainer to get
busy and not ack a patch submission on a web-based system as well.

I suspect that this is an 8xx-specific problem. The source of
the problem is that 8xx has been undermaintained for some time
and it only recently has gained a new maintainer.

-Matt