MPC5200 Cache coherency with BestComm issue

Sylvain Munaut tnt at 246tNt.com
Tue Nov 30 05:29:22 EST 2004

Hi Roger

>Sylvain,
> You are correct. The CPU_FTR_NEED_COHERENT is not required. Perhaps
>the solution is to only turn on powersave_nap if CONFIG_PPC_BESTCOMM is
>not selected.

Pull the latest tree. I've just commented it out with a note.
I didn't rip it off so that people copying lite5200.c for their own
board know how to activate
it if they need to ...
It can also be controlled from userspace /proc/sys/kernel/powersave-nap

You just need to be aware of the consequences ( like USB not working
either ! ) if you want
to save power.

    Sylvain