MPC8xx binaries running on a MPC82xx board

Kumar Gala kumar.gala at freescale.com
Wed Nov 10 03:50:24 EST 2004

One of the main issues that occurs when trying to run applications from
8xx to 82xx is dealing with the difference in cache line size.  If code
is written properly this difference will be invisible to the user.  It
might be that 8xx code is not as optimal on 82xx because of it.

Also since you are going from 8xx -> 82xx your applications most likely
are all integer code.  Going from 82xx -> 8xx may not be as successful.

- kumar