MPC8xx binaries running on a MPC82xx board

annamaya annamaya at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 10 03:37:25 EST 2004

I was under the assumption that the MPC8xx core was
different from the MPC82xx core (the 603e?). But I was
surprised to find that the MPC8xx binaries were
running fine on a MPC82xx binaries, even if they were
dynamically linked and were linking to the MPC82xx
libraries. What's going on here? Can I just use the
8xx toolkit to work with the 82xx? There must be SOME
differences between these two architectures. Can
someone here explain this to me?