ELDK 3.0 C++ Problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri May 21 02:14:16 EST 2004

In message <200405201602.44480.c.parravicini at sehitaly.com> you wrote:

> > What makes you think so? I bet a case of beer that the 'new" returned
> > just fine, and that your program segfaulted in memset() instead.
>
> Lost the beer, the code is wrong but the segfaulted is in the "new"
> (checked with a printf before the memset & also with gdb eh eh)

No. The new returns just fine in my test. The segfault happens in the
memset() call when you write to memory that you don't own.  I  tested
it.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits
of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does
at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower.
            - R.  Pirsig, "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"