Ebony Board, PPC440GP and NFS panics

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu May 20 05:54:00 EST 2004

In message <4.2.2.20040519101456.0509d340 at bhawley.mailhost.luminex.com> you wrote:

> Is there something special that must be done for the kernel to be
> configured for use
> with u-boot?  A kernel config option, perhaps?

See the README file in the U-Boot source tree.  No,  this  is  not  a
kernel config option for most boards.

> I double checked the include/asm-ppc/u-boot.h in u-boot against
> include/asm-ppc/ppcboot.h in linux...and
> did find a section with a #define for CONFIG_405, but not 440.  We'll see
> if that makes a difference.

The question is: does your "arch/ppc/platforms/ebony.h" include
<asm/ppcboot.h> or not, i. e. does it use the U-Boot definitions at
all?

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.