I2C implementation on MPC8260

Jaap-Jan Boor jjboor at aimsys.nl
Wed May 5 20:18:33 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 11:35, Jos Beck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get some i2c devices (RTC, EEPROM) to run on an MPC8260
> with kernel version 2.4.21.
> I have seen some fragmented information in the kernel source
> documentation and on this mailing list, but it's not clear to me what
> parts I can use and what I have to write myself.
>
> Could anyone tell me where and how to start?

I think you need i2c-core.c, i2c-dev.c, i2c-algo-8260.c and
a driver file that set's up (board specific) i2c port settings
and irq. I think there are examples in the denx tree.
(i2c-pm826.c)

This is more or less the standard thing to do:
check the denx tree.

Jaap-Jan

--
J.G.J. Boor                       Anton Philipsweg 1
Software Engineer                 1223 KZ Hilversum
Postbus 2194, 1200 CD Hilversum   mailto:jjboor at aimsys.nl