I2C implementation on MPC8260

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed May 5 20:03:10 EST 2004

In message <4098B547.5070101 at euronet.nl> you wrote:

> I am trying to get some i2c devices (RTC, EEPROM) to run on an MPC8260
> with kernel version 2.4.21.

Use a more recent kernel.

> I have seen some fragmented information in the kernel source
> documentation and on this mailing list, but it's not clear to me what
> parts I can use and what I have to write myself.
>
> Could anyone tell me where and how to start?

The linuxppc_2_4_devel tree on our CVS server has I2C support for the
8260,  and  also  includes  several  I2C  based  RTC   modules.   See
http://www.denx.de/re/linux.html

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
By the way, ALL software projects are done by iterative  prototyping.
Some companies call their prototypes "releases", that's all.