2.6 kernel on Sandpoint

Adrian Cox adrian at humboldt.co.uk
Fri Mar 12 20:35:21 EST 2004

Has anybody run the linuxppc_2_5 tree on a Sandpoint recently?

I've got a Sandpoint X2. I've ported linuxppc_2_4_devel to run on it,
and the patch is extremely small. My attempt to do the same thing with
linuxppc_2_5 has run into a problem:

Once init opens the console device, the serial driver unmasks irq 4. At
this point irq 4 is permanently asserted, even though the interrupt
register in the UART claims that there is no interrupt.

This should be the same on both X2 and X3 Sandpoints, leaving me curious
as to whether the X3 works with the current tree.

- Adrian Cox
http://www.humboldt.co.uk/