V2Pro/Linux (was PLB UART)

Mike Wellington wellington at lucent.com
Fri Mar 12 00:05:48 EST 2004

Roberto-

    To get Linux running on the V2Pro, see the following
page.  Most of what it says there applies to the Memec board.

http://www.klingauf.de/v2p/index.phtml

In general -

  Download the latest 2.4 or 2.6 kernel.
  Run the configure program of your choice (make menuconfig, etc)
  Configure for XILINX_OCP ,  PPC40x, ML300
  Edit  xparameters.h and xparameters_ml300.h  to match the
  xparameters.h (and therefore the memory map) for your Memec board.
  Remake the kernel
  Using the Xilinx Parallel IV Cable, load the kernel onto your V2P.
  Boot It.

  If you want, you can get the latest U-Boot source ,
  Configure it for the ML300 if there is no config for the Memec
  Replace the xparameters.h file (or whatever its called in the U-Boot tree.
  Build U-Boot.

  Using whatever debugger you have, load U-Boot into flash if you have any.
  Configure a TFTP server on the machine where you built the kernel.
  Configure U-Boot to download the kernel and run it.

-mike wellington

  mike at lo-ex.com,  wellington at lucent.com
  Consultant
  Global Communications Lab