AW: AW: Linux 2.4.24 on PQ2FADS

Thomas Schäfer tschaefer at giga-stream.de
Wed Mar 10 03:43:16 EST 2004

Stefano,

I'm not sure if MPC8275 is actually a HIP7 core. We used a MPC8280 on
our boards. It is important that the CPU ID is correct in the cputable
file. In our case, with the missing CPU ID the board always hang in the
init program.

> I'm going to chek my SDRAM initialization because, now, I see
> corrupted stamps, like these:
>
> ## Booting image at 00100000 ...
>    Image Name:   2.2.4 Kernel for PQ2FADS
>    Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
>    Data Size:    571353 Bytes = 558 kB
>    Load Address: 00000000
>    Entry Point:  00000000
>    Verifying Checksum ... OK
>    Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK
> Memory BAT mapping: BAT2=32Mb, BAT3=0Mb, residual: 0Mb
>                                                       ÀLinux
> version 2.4.24
> (gai
> otto at gexs22) (gcc version 3.3.2) #5 Tue Mar 9 17:00:09 CET 2004
>                                                                ÀADS setup
> arch
> ÀO
> n node 0 totalpages: 8192
>                          Àzone(0): 8192 pages.
>                                               Àzone(1): 0 pages.
>
> Àzone(2): 0
> page
> s.
>   ÀKernel command line: root=/dev/nfs rw
> nfsroot=172.16.246.111:/home/gaiotto/fa
> dsroot nobats ip=172.16.119.3
>  ÀÀÀÀ$                 ÀADS init IRQ. NR_IRÀÀÀÀÀ

Maybe that your load address (0x100000) is too low and is overwritten
when the kernel is uncompressed....

Best regards,

Thomas