"mkimage" not found

listmember at orkun.us listmember at orkun.us
Sat Mar 6 03:45:36 EST 2004

AFAIK, uImage target does not exist for all linuxppc sources. I got my
kernel sources from PenguinPPC bitkeeper so it does not have it. I just
build vmlinux target and use the following steps to generate uImage (which
is documented in U-Boot documentation)

(taken from my shell script that automates this stuff)

${CROSS_COMPILE}objcopy -O binary -R .note -R .comment -S vmlinux vmlinux.bin
gzip -9 vmlinux.bin
$MKIMAGE -n "Linux Image" -A ppc -O linux -T kernel -C gzip -a 0 -e 0 \
        -d vmlinux.bin.gz" uImage