2.5 bk tree on 8xx board ... so close

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Jun 30 01:16:04 EST 2004

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 05:53:22AM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Jun 2004, Tom Rini wrote:
>
> >Which serial driver did you use?  For me 8xx_UART does not work, but
> >CPM_UART will (it's still not quite correct, I have to config in both
> >SMC1 and SCC1 to get SMC1 to work, but I'm burried under a bunch of
> >other stuff right now).
>
> i was, in fact, using 8xx_UART under the "MPC8xx CPM options" menu,
> but (pardon my confusion) i'm not aware of this CPM_UART option of
> which you speak (unless you're just paraphrasing).

Paraphrasing from memory, yes, sorry.

> if i deselect 8xx_UART, i'm assuming you're talking about going then
> to the menu selections:
>
>   Device Drivers
>     Character devices
>       Serial drivers
>
> and selecting the appropriate CONFIG_SERIAL_CPM* settings (_SCC1 and
> _SMC1)?  is that what you're referring to above?

Yes, that driver.  As I was saying, for some reason I haven't had time
to dig into, I have to select both SCC1 and SMC1 to get a console which
is on SMC1 working.  I've also found that enabling everything doesn't
horribly kill the board, so you could just try that for now.

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/