2.5 bk tree on 8xx board ... so close

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 29 19:53:22 EST 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004, Tom Rini wrote:

> Which serial driver did you use?  For me 8xx_UART does not work, but
> CPM_UART will (it's still not quite correct, I have to config in both
> SMC1 and SCC1 to get SMC1 to work, but I'm burried under a bunch of
> other stuff right now).

i was, in fact, using 8xx_UART under the "MPC8xx CPM options" menu,
but (pardon my confusion) i'm not aware of this CPM_UART option of
which you speak (unless you're just paraphrasing).

if i deselect 8xx_UART, i'm assuming you're talking about going then
to the menu selections:

   Device Drivers
     Character devices
       Serial drivers

and selecting the appropriate CONFIG_SERIAL_CPM* settings (_SCC1 and
_SMC1)?  is that what you're referring to above?

   i may have to wait for one of the board experts to get in later to
make sure i have the right settings here.  thanks so far.

rday