Lite5200 PCI not working

Gerhard Jaeger g.jaeger at sysgo.com
Tue Jun 22 16:08:40 EST 2004

Hi,

On Monday 21 June 2004 21:19, Mark Jonas wrote:
> Iñigo,
>
> I experienced this behavior with an USB card before. With that card the
> reason was a short on the USB card between 3.3V and 5V supply pins. In a
> normal PC this seems to be no problem (maybe because a PC's PCI ports
> are 5V only).

there seem to be more cards like these, they're in fact badly designed - they
shorten the VI/O pins and 5V on the card, which could cause some trouble
on the Lite5200, as the VI/O stuff is directly connected to the RAM chips and
their I/O does not like the 5V...
We sorted out some cheap networking adaptors...

> The Lite5200 survived.
"What a lucky man he was" :-)

> To be sure if this is the problem I recommend testing the card for the
> short.

That's a great idea, check esp. shortage between the VI/O and 5V lines on the
card...

Gerhard