PPC440GX GigE support

LarrZheng larryzheng at transengines.com
Mon Jun 14 12:58:33 EST 2004

Hi Matt
    I have test GigE driver,  EMAC2/3 can be initialized but con't work on
my 440gx board,  i guess that CIS8201 phy driver need support 1000FULL ange
mode .  but current driver only support 100FULL ange mode in routine
genmii_setup_aneg(), do we need update  cis8201_setup_aneg() to support
1000FULL ange?

    another question is that performance test for EMAC0/1, here is test
result using SmartBit 6000.

linux-2.5-ocp 440gx test result:
    package size(byte)      single-direction(Mbps)      bi-direction(Mbps)
    1518                            99
99
    64                                35
8

linux-2.4-26  440gx test result:
     package size(byte)      single-direction(Mbps)      bi-direction(Mbps)
    1518                            95
N/A
    64                                44
N/A

    It seems that small(64byte) package performance is not good as our
image. do you have any suggestion?
    BTW, when the TAH driver for 440gx will released?

Larry