Change FEC and SCC1 sequence,But SCC1 not work?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jun 12 02:02:29 EST 2004

In message <116411.1086934938680.JavaMail.postfix at mx27.mail.sohu.com> you wrote:

>        My bootargs is "setenv bootargs root=/dev/ram ip=10.32.5.17:10.32.5.15::255.255.0.0:bug
> :::off"
>        Today,I found fec device down when linux kernel running ,but I can see "eth1(fec ethernet)"  status with "ifconfig" command,I checked linux kernel and found fec device down when kernel running.
>
>        After debugging,I found linux kernel close the device when  running "ip_auto_config()" function  in "net/ipv4/ipconfig.c",then, I deleted "ic_open_devs()" funtions, AND EVERYING
> WORKS WELL!

But you are removing perfectly valid code. Don't do this!!

Just read the  documentation  (especially  Documentation/nfsroot.txt)
and pass the CORRECT boot arguments, which in case or several network
interfaces  MUST  specify  which  interface  to  configure, i. e. the
minimum information is then

	... ip=10.32.5.17:10.32.5.15::255.255.0.0:bug:eth0:off

[Note that your "ip=" string has one colon too many, too.]

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Software suppliers are trying to make their  software  packages  more
``user-friendly''.  .  .  .  Their best approach, so far, has been to
take all the old brochures, and stamp the words, ``user-friendly'' on
the cover.                                               - Bill Gates