Change FEC and SCC1 sequence,But SCC1 not work?

hjzgq at sohu.com hjzgq at sohu.com
Fri Jun 11 16:22:18 EST 2004

Wolfgang Denk:
       Thanks a lot!
       My bootargs is "setenv bootargs root=/dev/ram ip=10.32.5.17:10.32.5.15::255.255.0.0:bug
:::off"
       Today,I found fec device down when linux kernel running ,but I can see "eth1(fec ethernet)"  status with "ifconfig" command,I checked linux kernel and found fec device down when kernel running.

       After debugging,I found linux kernel close the device when  running "ip_auto_config()" function  in "net/ipv4/ipconfig.c",then, I deleted "ic_open_devs()" funtions, AND EVERYING
WORKS WELL!

      But why  do it be added to Linux kernel?

      Best regards,
      Michael.  Z.