more questions about 8xx microcode patches

David Ho DavidHo at nanometrics.ca
Wed Jul 28 21:21:10 EST 2004

owner-linuxppc-embedded at lists.linuxppc.org wrote on 07/27/2004 06:30:28 PM:

> Just to add to the complexity: are you aware that the  parameter  RAM
> relocation  may  be  different between 8xx processors? For example it
> seems that on the 866 family  you  can  relocate  PRAM  even  without
> the spi_rpbase register.

I just had a conversation with Wolfgang on the 866 uCode patch situation.
It appears that the I2C/SPI patch is already incorporated in this silicon
rev.  Please look at the follow post for detail of my findings.

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=9072298

Hope this help you along the way.  Or it might not.

Regards,

David Ho
Nanometrics Inc.