can the 8xx patch configuration be made more comprehensible?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 21 23:17:59 EST 2004

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> There are least 3 that are relevant here:
>
> - MPC850 microcode patch for relocating I2C/SPI parameters.
> - MPC860 microcode patch for relocating I2C/SPI parameters

   i can see that, in the 2.6 arch/ppc/8xx_io/micropatch.c file, there
is a test for the macro USE_IIC_PATCH.  now, back in wolfgang's 2.4.25
source tree, that macro is defined in include/asm-ppc/commproc.h
thusly:

#ifdef CONFIG_UCODE_PATCH
# define USE_IIC_PATCH
#else
# undef  USE_IIC_PATCH
#endif

   however, in the 2.6 tree, i see nowhere that that macro could
possibly be set, so it seems that any tests for USE_IIC_PATCH in the
2.6 tree are irrelevant, no?

rday