Context Switch in Real Time Linux Vs VxWorks (or any other RTOS)

Arun Prasad Velu arun at ossi.co.in
Fri Jul 16 15:04:35 EST 2004

Hi,

I am in the process of analyzing the feasibility of migrating an existing
VxWorks system (MPC860 target) to Linux (RTOS).

I'd like to compare the features of Linux and VxWorks with respect to the
Real Time capabilities. I am little concerned about Linux's Context
Switching.

I'd like to get your opinion on this. Even if I want to move to Linux, I'll
have to convince my management. So, any pointers on comparison of Linux Vs
VxWorks with respect to Real Time capabilities would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
Arun

Arun Prasad Velu,
Team Lead (Systems Software),