Small patches to serial port and ehternet on mpc8xx

Kári Davíðsson kd at medcare.is
Fri Jul 16 03:24:28 EST 2004

Hi,

Here are two patches for arch/ppc/8xx_io/uart.c and arch/ppc/8xx_io/enet.c, it applies against the linux sources from the rsync mirror at mvista for the linuxppc-2.4.x devel tree.

The first one (enet.patch) adds the polling method for the ethernet driver. It is essential if one wants to use the netconsole patch.

The second one (serial.patch) addresses the serial port, i.e. makes it possible to compile out all references to serial port console, i.e. if serial port console is not wanted.

I also had to make small changes to the console over ethernet "package" (http://oss.software.ibm.com/linux/patches/?patch_id=761) in order to get the the netconsole working for our mpc823 platform. That patch will be sent to its maintainer.

Regards,
K.D.