PRoblem with VirtexII Pro: maybe the toolchain?

Andrei Konovalov akonovalov at ru.mvista.com
Thu Jul 8 02:44:38 EST 2004

Hi Roberto,

The definitely wrong thing I can see in your log is the wrong
RAM size. I can't give you more help without knowing what
kernel tree you are working with, how you configured the
kernel, and how you load the kernel (do you use System ACE,
BDI2000; has your board a bootloader like uboot etc.).

To my knowledge, there is no Memec 2VP7 board support in
the linuxppc-2.4 and linuxppc-2.5 trees.
If you were using ML300 platform as the base for your development,
I would expect the console output to look similar to:

   loaded at: 00400000 004931D0
   <snip>
   avail ram: 00494000 02000000

"loaded at:     00800000" in your log instead of "loaded at: 00400000"
could indicate wrong kernel configuration. But, again, the main point is
that the last line should look like "avail ram: ???????? 02000000" reflecting
that 2VP7 board has 32MB (0x2000000 bytes) of SDRAM.

Best regards,
Andrei