Netconsole on 8260

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Sat Jul 3 01:51:57 EST 2004

On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 10:43:11AM -0500, Rune Torgersen wrote:

> As far as I could see, the only thing needed to support the netpoll API
> was to add a poll function that would call the interrupt driver. I did
> that. Console does not get dumped to ethertnet
>
> According to wat gets printed, netconsole  init aborts when it does not
> find a ethernet device.
> This is way later thatn parameter initialization, but still before FCC's
> are initialized (see kernel dump from original post), last line before I
> cut out some text says:

Ah yes, that's the other problem...  netconsole relies on link order to
be linked in after all other network drivers.  But since the cpm2 ones
are currently broken and live in arch/ppc, the link order is busted.

You can change netconsole from module_init to late_initcall(), but I
don't think you can convince upstream that this is the correct fix.

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/