8-bit mtd flash support

Shamile Khan shamile at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 12:13:32 EST 2004

hi,

I am faced with a situation where my processor is connected
to 1 NOR flash chip in 8-bit mode. Now the consequence of
this is that I cannot excute code directly from flash. I am
not concerned about the performance penalties at this point
as I believe in the next rev of our board this problem
should be fixed in hardware.(i.e. 32 bit access to flash).
I was wondering if
a) Its a valid concept to have a Linux mtd flash filesystem
where the flash chip only allows 8-bit access
b) anyone else has been in this situation and
c) if there are mtd drivers available for 8-bit access to a
flash chip.

Regards,
Shamile