Small UDP packet performance

Eugene Surovegin ebs at ebshome.net
Tue Jan 20 12:02:27 EST 2004

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 08:48:38AM +0800, Jacky Lam wrote:

>     Thanks. My case is that I am using NetPerf to test the UDP performance.
> I am using a x86 with GigaEthernet card and sending packet to my 405EP in
> full speed. I find that the box nearly dead in first min and lost all
> packets. I know that it is unavoidable. But I want to know anyway to improve
> as much as possible.
>
>     What is NAPI? How can I make use of it?

Please, use google as I suggested and you find good discussion of the
problem you are experiencing.

Right now, there is no publicly available NAPI-enabled  driver for
4xx, although I have something done in that direction, but unfortunately
I put this task on hold because of more urgent problems :( (maybe I'll
return to it this or next month)

> Is there any buffer size in UDP stack that I can adjust?

No, it has nothing to do with UDP socket buffer size.

Eugene