Small UDP packet performance

Jacky Lam jackylam at astri.org
Tue Jan 20 11:48:38 EST 2004

    Thanks. My case is that I am using NetPerf to test the UDP performance.
I am using a x86 with GigaEthernet card and sending packet to my 405EP in
full speed. I find that the box nearly dead in first min and lost all
packets. I know that it is unavoidable. But I want to know anyway to improve
as much as possible.

    What is NAPI? How can I make use of it? Is there any buffer size in UDP
stack that I can adjust? Thanks.

Jacky