socket programming without RTnet.

Q-ha Park qha at infoeq.com
Fri Jan 9 18:20:16 EST 2004

> What I want is to make some network applications just as I
> did with vxWorks. A 'network application' means using
> socket/bind/sendto/recvfrom etc APIs to send and receive data
> to/from outside of me or between internal tasks.

> I can't figure out what kernel space' and 'userland' mean.
> Well I am strange with embedded linux on ppc860 because I
> stayed with other RTOSs such as vxWorks and Nuclues. Would
> you explain more in detail?

I can see what you're trying to do. You're doing exactly the same thing
I've seen from embedded programmers just came to the great Linux world;
they often tend to call functions under #ifdef __KERNEL__. Don't do
that.

You should learn how to write a user application in linux environment.
i.e. You don't need {init,exit}_module, you don't define __KERNEL__ or
MODULE, you don't insmod to run your program. After that, the command
"man" should come in handy. e.g. man sendto, ...

Q-ha Park