problem with standard libc on 8xx

Demke, Torsten Torsten.Demke at fci.com
Fri Feb 27 19:55:12 EST 2004

Hello all,

I created my own root-fs for a MPC8xx platform
using standard Debian packages (including libc).
When I start the system, the init scripts hangs
whenever it executes a function (exceptt some simple
thinks like 'echo').
- the same root-fs starts without problem on a MPC8245 platform.
- the root-fs starts when I exchange the libc with the libraries
from the ELDK.

I guess that the Debian libc uses floating point - which
is not available on MPC8xx - but I thougt the kernel would
emulate this calls (CONFIG_MATH_EMULATION=y).

Any hints?

Regards,
Torsten

  Torsten Demke